Saturday, June 2, 2012

Dust Girl by Sarah Zettel



Amazon / Goodreads

Dust Girl is about a 1930's Kansas girl name Callie. Helping her mother run a small hotel during the constant dust storms. When Callie's mother goes missing, she discovers that there is more than dust storming the town.

Dust Girl was a uniquely refreshing read. I enjoyed that it had American history mixed with fantasy however the story was original..and a little confusing at the same time.  It did take me quite sometime to really get into the story and at some points I was left with the "What!?" feeling.  The characters were realistic and a certain character named, Jack played an excellent role in the story.

Overall I did enjoy Dust Girl. I recommend it for younger teens.

3.5 out of 5 stars


*Oh and the girl on the cover isn't exactly what I envisioned Callie to be- however doesn't she look like Mila Kunis?


No comments: