Sunday, January 22, 2012

Addison Blakely: Confessions of a PK by Betsy St. Amant


Addison Blakely is about a 16 year old girl who around her small town is known as the PK (Preacher's Kid) I instantly thought of Ariel from Footloose but Addison is the likeable "nice, obey my father's rules" kinda girl. She meets a boy named Wes the "mysterious brooding tattooed motorcycle driving -I don't want a relationship" type of guy.

I thought Addison was a great character who has a little bit of sass and humor. This was a very cute, clean, and fluffy read! The book does have some christian themes to it but its not pushy or annoying. I am not a christian and it didnt bother me whatsoever.

I rate this 3 out of 5 stars, I did enjoy the book, it had great characters, however towards the end I started to loose interest, so I flipped to the last chapter to end it.

Overall, I do recommend this to the younger high school readers or anyone wanting something that is light and contemporary.

I received a galley via NetGalley, in exchange for a honest review.

4 comments:

Addictive Passions said...

Hi Brianne,
Saw your post on book blogs and love your blog. I fyou have a chance can you pop on over and check out mine? Let me know what you think. www.passionateencounters.blogspot.com

J Vogler said...

This is Bean from Finding Your Gibbee. I would like to award you the Versatile Blogger Award for your wonderful contributions to the writing world. Details are at my blog http://gibbee.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html
Congratulations!

Kelly Hashway said...

This sounds like a fun read.
I found you through Book Blogs and I'm a new follower. I hope you'll check out my blog sometime. http://kellyhashway.blogspot.com

Trevor said...

New follower via book blogs, thought i would say hi! Trev @ trevsliteraryreview.blogspot.com